Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tenacity

I went to the park the other day with a friend, and we were walking around, when she asked me if there was a bird on my stroller. From across the park all we could see was movement, so we assumed bird. We got closer and there was this squirrel fooling around with my cooler. Inside the part of the cooler he was trying to get to was about half a loaf of bread. The squirrel vandalized my cooler and chewed through the zipper. I don't know if he had more time if he could have figured out how to get the bread. But, he didn't. Now, I need a cooler.

I tell this story, because I was thinking about it the other day. This squirrel showed a lot of tenacity, and squirrels in general do. They work hard to get the food they need, and I was wondering if I show the same tenacity they do. I have a tendency to get distracted by the latest shiny thing and not work on what I need to do. Perhaps I should print this picture and hang it up somewhere I can see it to remind myself to keep on working.
Related Posts with Thumbnails