Here's what I made instead.

Pictures: receiving blanket, burp cloths, teddy bear
The receiving blanket is just a square of flannel 40" x 40" hemmed. Perfect for summer time frame and light winters.
The burp cloths are cloth diapers with a 5 inch trim of flannel sewn to the bottom. I loved these when my kids were babies because my burp cloths were distinctive and everyone knew it was mine.
The teddy bear is a new addition for me, and I think will be added into my usual presents. I found the pattern off this blog. Which then directed me to the pattern (scroll all the way to the bottom to find it).
I love this pattern, it makes up in less than an hour, and Batman happily helped me stuff it. I am so addicted to it now and have ideas for making several others. Here's my thoughts on how to change it.
1. Make pointed ears for a cat.
2. Pointed ears and yarn in the seam to make a lion or ric rac would be cute too
3. Bigger ears for a mouse
4. Longer ears for a dog
5. I think with some experimentation you could make an elephant.
For more We Made It!'s go to Ramblings of a Crazy Woman.
