We learned about zoo animals. Two out of my three kids love Diego, and my third likes animals, so this is a popular theme.
We sorted plastic zoo animals and played with them. I found a couple of different cheap sets for a dollar or two and combined them into a fairly good sized set.

I made them tin can stilts. It took all of 30 seconds for them to decide it was a drum, but it was fun to watch.

We went to the Children's Museum, which was a blast. See the full post here


I get to eat more plastic food there. They really love to cook at the "World Cafe."

I have no clue what she's doing, but isn't that a cute photo?
Going back to the zoo theme we made lions. This was really popular and we're going to do a lot more animals next week, where I'm theoretically home more. They want to do an animal a day, that probably won't happen, but it'll be fun to try and do.
For Princess' crafts I try to get a little of the cutting done ahead of time.

We went to the library for what I thought was going to be an ordinary storytime, only to find out they were having a special craft day. SCORE!
So, we made a spider web. We'll have to do this craft again, at which point I'll do a how to.

Made the neccessary coffe filter butterfly. Very popular.

And tried making a necklace for the first time ever!

And I started them on forced labor. I made them make lunch. Notice how it's not plastic food.

Then afterwards I made them mop the floor after they swept. I am such a mean mom....

Then they spilled lemonade on their freshly mopped floors and had to mop again. let me tell you how sad they weren't.
So, we had a blast at Tot School this week. For more great Tot School ideas go to Carissa at 1+1+1=1
