Sunday, May 3, 2009

Picnic in the family room

So, my husband was working late on Wednesday, and I wasn't feeling all that great, I didn't want to cook, so I came up with a great excuse not to: PICNIC inside!

I cut up insanely large amounts of cheese, got out lots of crackers, carrots, and ranch dressing to dip it in. Then we got out or various tea sets and proceeded to have a lovely picnic in the family room.

Photobucket

Afterwards I got out a big tub, put in soapy water and gave each kid a wash cloth, and they cleaned the dishes and I rinsed them. This was wildly popular!

Photobucket

Eventually the boys figured out they could rinse the dishes all by themselves without my help, and that got theme even more excited!
Photobucket

Of course, the floor was soaked afterwards, but not anywhere near as much as it is when they mop the floor...... By the way, we now have new kid-sized mops I'm eager to try out. I'll post on it once we've mopped.
Related Posts with Thumbnails