Friday, May 29, 2009

Zebras, giraffes, leopards, and a whole bunch more

This started out as just giraffes and zebras. Remember how last time I said to get a piece of cardboard or foam board, just something stiff and cover it in glue or foam sitckers? Well, here's what we did:

Grab some animal pictures. We started with zebras. Peel all the paper off your crayons.

Photobucket
Place your picture over the texture board and rub the side of the crayon over the board, and it makes really neat textures.

Photobucket

As you can see, it turned out really cool, but it's a bit over my kids skill level. They didn't enjoy it as much as I thought they would. They just wanted to color their pictures and have me write the name of each animal on their pictures. So, recognizing that I needed to change my plans we did. So, I let them have a blast coloring with markers and crayons, and when they were done we put it in their sticker books in alphabetical order. They loved doing that.

Oh well, not all ideas can work like you want them to. Okay, this is my last post for the day, I wasn't really planning to write all of these today, but I wanted to get these linked up to the other places.....

So, for more great "we Made it" activities, go to Ramblings of a Crazy Woman.
Related Posts with Thumbnails