Friday, May 29, 2009

The poor poor pepper

Photobucket

I was so excited I went outside to water our plants, and we actually had something edible growing (okay, the herbs are edible, but I mean a vegetable). I ran inside to show the kids the pepper.

Photobucket

They all came out so excited. Then they wanted to touch it. Of course he stumbled and pulled the poor thing off. Well, now instead of being a nature lesson it became a science lesson.

Photobucket

We took it inside and passed it around as we felt it, then I cut it in half and let them look inside and see the seeds. This was fascinating for all of 30 seconds. But, they had lots of fun looking inside the peper and figuring out what it felt like and what the inside was like.

Oh, and all of the rocks lining the garden were pulled from the garden in the process of getting it ready. I think there's one rock not from it.
Related Posts with Thumbnails