Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Preschool: Zoo and Children's Museum

I actually did some different activities with the boys than with the girl this week.

So, here's what all we did:

Well, we went to the Children's Museum. I love that place.
Photobucket

We also got lucky enough to do a whole bunch of fun crafts at the library, I posted lots about that yesterday. I did learn that I need to get some sort of lacing beads or soemthing for my kids. I have an idea brewing in my head for that.
Photobucket

So far it's all the same, but here's where it gets different. I'm working on reading and sight words with the boys. So we played some games. When http://www.readinga-z.com/ had its freebie day I downloaded anything remotely related to zoo animals and its corresponding worksheets and scanned the lesson plans for it. So, I noticed on "What has these feet?" they talked about playing sight word games, and I realized my boys would love that.

So on index cards I wrote has, these, and what. I made two copies so they could play memory and later "Go Fish." But for this week we just went through those cards and it was wildly popular. We also matched up pictures of feet to animals. I don't have pictures of any of this because I didn't think of it at the time.

We made lions, which was another very popular activity. I'm tyring to think how to shrink the activity and make it into a lapbook, but we'll see.....
Photobucket

All in all, not that exciting of a week for activities, but I'm working through my ideas and trying to organize it better.
Related Posts with Thumbnails