Monday, May 25, 2009

How to Survive a college graduation with preschoolers

1. This better be someone really important to you, because otherwise why go?

2. Have at least one other adult. I was lucky enough to get my good friend Tami to go with me.

3. Create a well stocked bag of surprises and goodies as well as a few familiar toys. I put in about 10 sheets of stickers, some blank sticker books, a coloring book with sitckers (from the Target dollar aisle), crayons and a doll for each of them. I also put in several snacks.

4. Choose to sit up in the cheap seats, so to speak. I put a row between us and anyone else. This became rather pointless when someone sat right in front of us, it was a rather large group of grandparents and couples my age. Everynow and then they would glance back at us and glare. My thoughts were, you chose to site next to us.

But, overall they did GREAT! I can't emphasize that enough. We had to walk about half a mile in the hot Texas sun, and I do mean very hot through downtown traffic. Then we were there for almost 2 hours and they were very quiet, and they only were loud when they cheered for the random people because other people were cheering.


So, here's what they did for that time.
Photobucket
Princess putting stickers on herself and her book.

Photobucket
Superman coloring in his book, at this point he's carefully gone through all his stickers and placed them all on top of each other.

Photobucket
Batman discovered that the back of his Batman stickers had a color of Batman to picture. This must be colored.

Photobucket
"Miss Tami, you don't have any stickers on you. This needs to change." Apparently Princess got very mad at Tami when she tried to take the stickers off.

Photobucket
This is Aunt Tara graduating. Can't you tell the blur at the bottom of the stage is her? That's the problem with Iphone cameras, they just don't react well to moving.

And here's the cake from the graduation party. This is her character from World of Warcraft (a computer game).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, I'm going to finish reading through my blogs and comics this morning, and I think I'll actually play with my kids. What a funny concept.
Related Posts with Thumbnails