Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick tip: toys for school only

077

I’ve started looking out for little toys that work with what we’re studying that I know we’ll get a lot of use out of.  So, here you see the boys playing with a small Playmobil Egypt set.  We’re studying ancient Egypt right now and the kids had a lot of fun playing with it.

Toys we have right now that go with our studies:
Playmobil Egypt (which my kids are nuts for and ask to learn about history because of).
Legos (see tomorrow’s post for the specific way we used it last week)
animal toobs
Toys I plan to get in the near future to continue with this (all of these are things I know the kids will use A LOT).  Don’t do this for a one time thing, that would get expensive.
Roman Legions (I want to find similar for Greece, fingers crossed)
Insect toob-for an upcoming experiment, and for general keep hands busy while I read the science text.
figures of mythological creatures to go with our Greece study (I’m getting the minotaur today with my coupon from Michael’s).


abc button
Related Posts with Thumbnails