Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sandra Lee: Sesame Chicken Drummettes

So, does anyone else upon hearing her name get the song “Sandra Dee” from Grease stuck in their head?  I do, every time, but it’s the short version sung at the end, where she’s saying goodbye to her “good girl image.”

Oh, wait you came here to read about a recipe, not my thoughts on Grease, and it’s really bad sequel.  So, yes I cooked last week, I actually cooked several of her recipes.

Sesame Chicken Drumettes

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 1/4 pounds chicken drumettes (about 12) (I used 3 pounds, and it’s a good thing I did)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil

In a large ziploc bag combine the teriyaki, sherry, sesame seeds (which I think I forgot), and shake it until it seems like it’s mixed together.  I more or less doubled the recipe, but it’s hard to tell because I just poured stuff in that day.  Add in the chicken and shake to distribute.  Ideally marinate for a long time.  In the reality that is my world, remember to do this about 20 minutes before you need to start cooking.  Oh, and about 1 pound of the chicken was marinated in barbecue sauce.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a cookie sheet with foil and start transferring the drumettes to the sheet.  I had enough for about two cookie sheets, and I kept the barbecue ones slightly separate.  Bake until they are brown, about 15 minutes.

Mix the barbecue, honey, and oil and brush them on the drumettes and flip them and then cook for 5 more minutes.  Then flip again and brush with the sauce again and bake another 5 minutes.

Pull them out and feed your apparently starving kids.  I kid you not, my kids outate the combination of Jeff and I.  I got to eat 4 of these, Jeff ate 3, and the kids each ate at least 6.  I think Superman ate 8, and a large amount of rice and salad.  And with all that food in them they did not pass out in a food coma, I don’t know how.

Now, head on over to I Thank My Mother and see how often you can get that silly song stuck in your head as you read the other posts.
Related Posts with Thumbnails