Monday, September 28, 2009

Schlitterbahn Galveston!

The Hottest Coolest Time in Texas! Schlitterbahn!

I grew up in Texas and spent every summer going to the original Schlitterbahn at least once a summer since I was 12 years old, so that hmmm hmmmm years going. So, I'll tell you right now I'm prejudiced towards Schlitterbahn.

So, Schlitterbahn Galveston has an indoor area that's open year round, actually the indoor season started this weekend. And we had a blast.

There was a pool area there for little kids with a giant pirate ship and lots of places to slide down.

Photobucket

Batman had a lot of fun driving the pirate ship. That was of course before he discovered that he could go down the slide forever and ever and ever. Then he figured out how to be a crocodile.

Photobucket

Princess refused to go down any of the slides. Towards the end of the day we spent a lot of time in this area. I think one of my proudest moments was when the kids started acting out "5 Little Monkeys Playing in a Tree." It was so incredibly cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's one of the few pictures of me you get to see. I talked Princess into going down the slide with me. She was horridly made at me afterwards.

Photobucket

Hurricane Ike came through here a couple of years ago, and I was super amused by this picture, showing the water level coming up to about 4 feet high.

Photobucket

Okay, so I think every waterpark nowadays has a lazy river of some sort. I think that this is the coolest one I've been on. The water level goes from 1" to 78." There's about 3 different areas where a wave machine pushes through the waves and it actually has serious waves. Princess loved this! It was really fun to see her giggling like crazy because she usually doesn't like water like this.

Sigh, but we're still struggling with her being a brat about going to her Daddy, silly girl.

Oh, and funny thing. Our kids are picking up my speech habits, and have started calling me "Silly Mommy" when they think I"m doing something silly like I do to them.

Photobucket

The boys loved playing with the inner tubes. It's so much fun to watch the boys sit there and splash each other.

Photobucket

So, this really isn't related to this picture, but I didn't have a camera while we went down tube chute. Superman LOVES tube rides. I"m so happy, and can't wait to take him to the original Schlitterbahn which has so many tube rides. This was probably my second proudest mopment of the day. Sigh, so many fond memories.

Photobucket

And when you're in a wave pool, what would you do? If it's my boys, you fight the waves and punch them.

We had a complete and total blast, and I can't wait for many more fun days at Schlitterbahn.

At the end of the day we got back and the kiddos were absolutely wiped out, but they weren't going to sleep. So, we found a solution.

Photobucket

Hey, it worked, and they all got a nice solid 3 hour nap.
Related Posts with Thumbnails