Thursday, July 23, 2009

Organization and me

Or this could really be the "How I pretend to be organized."

I know what to do to be organized and I can get it amazingly organized, and then a week later it will be horrible.

But, here goes. First I'll go through the ones that are working and are staying up to date so far.

Legos- I'm really laughing this is the picnic talk for the week, because I just wrote on this yesterday. We use hardware tool organizers, and it works great.

book organization

books- I bought a bunch of magazine holders (the link is to the ones I bought at Ikea). I separated out my books by category and let them have access to 1 or 2 boxes at a time. Otherwise our floors would be a carpet of books. Of course I'm going to have to redo the categories now that I've got my themes for the year figured out. That's another post later.

Photobucket

toys- I'm using the cubbies from when I was a teacher to organize our toys right now. I also use these to organize the kids craft supplies. I may reclaim the toy one for my nefarious crafting puproses at another time, but right now this is working. The picture is of the craft supplies because right now the kids toys are scattered all over. As you can tell, it's not foolproof. Still working on it.

Photobucket

my books- ummmm..... my husband and I are both bookworms. We have about 8 bookshelves like these and the bottom half are filled with games of various sorts. The problem is we grab large numbers of books, but don't return them to the shelves. Someday someone will read an article about a couple that was killed by the books falling from their nighstand.

Photobucket

fabric- I organize by color or theme (the only theme is kid fabric) in baskets. I can always tell the colors I gravitate more towards because those are the ones that have overflowing baskets.....

Photobucket

buttons and ribbons- these last two categories are works in progress, but I've got them here. I'm slowly sorting out my buttons and putting them in old baby food jars.

For more great organizing ideas go to Picnic Talk
Related Posts with Thumbnails