Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tot School: Discussion

Photobucket

So, why a picture of a curly fry? Because we had a great discussion about things it reminded us of. They all decided it was a "nado fry," which to interpret means it's a tornado fry. See a few weeks ago we were driving home from Wisconsin and were in the midst of a tornado...... So, we talked about how it looked like a tornado and what a tornado looked like. We talked about how we got to find out how tornados form at the science museum.

Photobucket
Last week, we made Yankee Doodle. So, this week I've had nonstop requests to sing it. And Princess has been learnig the song, along with about 20 million variations on 10 little Indians (you can fill in whatever word you want: 10 Little Batmans, 10 Little Diegos.....). All Princess can remember of it is "all in a row," so she rpeeats it over and over and shakes her hand using sign language for 10. Since we're singing it in the car I use sign language to count because I can do that with one hand.

Photobucket
We made paper. I came to two conclusions: 1. This is really not age appropriate and 2. This kit is really bad, the materials are not well made, however I think I could figure out how to make my own kit.

Photobucket
Princess started to make a puppet, which I'll finish for her soon. She's really too young to do this project, but her brothers were doing it and that wasn't going to stop her. I'll post more details, a pattern, and help on making it later.

Outside play

Photobucket
We went to a great new park this week. The kids loved diggin in the sand, and right next and finding the dinosaur bones. Mainly they made castles. Anyone know a good sand castle kit?

Photobucket
Right next to that area was a nice little water area, it reminded me of running through a whale with lots of sprinklers. So you play in the sand, and then you get all the dirt off in the sprinklers. Very important rule, you can't go back in the sand afterwards. I'll post more info on this great park later.

Photobucket
At swim lessons one of the skils they want you to learn is to float like a starfish. So, she's been practicing it on her own in our baby pool. "Mommy I starfish. See Mommy."

And, here's the cutest picture of all, or so I think.
Photobucket

For more great Tot School ideas, go to Carisa at 1+1+1=1
Related Posts with Thumbnails